Sunday, September 9, 2012

Multicolored pie (Tarte multicolore)

Okay ... If you have learned to prepare a pie crust, you're now ready to put something in it !

This pie is not really multicolored, but there are more than 2 colors, so ...
We could call it "sunny pie", too, because we usually make it during spring and summer.
My family love this pie. And I have to admit that each time I have served it, everybody loved it.

You can eat it cold or hot, no matter.

Here what you'll need :

  • 2 zucchini
  • 2 onions
  • 2 clove of garlic
  • 2 pepper (1 yellow and 1 red) ... I just realize we could call this recipe "The 2 ingredients pie", too !
  • 4 eggs ... Okay ...They're coming to ruin our previous project ! So keep on calling it "multicolored pie" ...
  • 40 cl of crème fraiche (I used semi-heavy. You can use light cream, too)
  • Basil, herbs of provence
  • Olive oil
  • And the famous pie crust !
Preheat your oven at 210°C (410°F / Th 7).


Step 1 : 
Cut up the onions and the garlic. 



And make them cook together, on a low fire, for 5 minutes. 
For once, it's not important to separate them, because the goal is not to make them become brown, but just translucent. 


Step 2 :
During the meantime, become very fast and cut up the zucchini in thin slices. 
Don't worry, no need to be very precise ! I promise, you won't have to use compasses !
If you have a food processor close to your hands, you can use it too, of course !
My kitchen is too small to have this kind of culinary robot.
I've got a hand food processor ! 



Step 3 : Do the same with red and yellow pepper.  Take off the white part and the pip, of course




What a sunny plate, don't you think ?

Step 4 : 
Add the zucchini and the red and yellow peppers with the onions and garlic, add salt and pepper, and keep on cooking on a low fire, for 10 more minutes.
As before, the goal is not to brown them. Just to precook them.


Maybe you begin to understand the poetic name of this pie ?

Step 5 :
During the cooking of the vegetables, stir together, with a whisk :
Eggs : 

Cream : 

Herbs of provence, basil cut up with scissors and salt and pepper.

Step 6 :
Let all the violence you try to contain during the day, get out of your body !! Whisk all that !!



Step 7 : 
Take your wonderful pie crust whose you're very proud of it, and strew it over the pie pan. 
Normally, all your violence went away during the previous step, so now, you're quiet enough to not get  mad if your pie crust doesn't want to be strew correctly ! 



Step 8 : 
Prick it with a fork and pour the vegetables.




Step 9 :
Strew the vegetables and pour the mixture on them. 



And now, in the oven for 45 minutes.


Perfect mix between grilled and tenderness.



12 comments:

  1. I just love your recipes! I cannot wait to try this one, including the pie crust (My mom will be so proud)
    Thank you for all the sharing, and the pictures are very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your words, monstergirlee ! I'm happy to know that my awful pictures are helpful ;) !
      I'm not an artist, I'm a cooker !! :D
      If you try the pie, please, tell me if you liked it.

      Delete
  2. This looks delicious. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is like a vegetable quiche! I love this idea, and I love these summer vegetables :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly !
      Je ne te l'ai jamais écrit, mais les recettes que tu publies sont très appétissantes. Je sais que c'est quelque chose qui te trouble, car nous commentons plus sur ton quotidien que sur ta cuisine. Mais rassure-toi, c'est parce que nous sommes entrainés par ce que tu nous fais partager.
      La recette ets un bonus ;)
      Je te l'ai écrit en french, parce qu'en anglais, j'aurais trop galéré !! ;D

      Delete
  4. this looks fabulous! and is making me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I thought about you when I saw this article (no time to read it though, I'm still at work!) :) http://www.fromaway.com/features/how-to-start-a-food-blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whaou ! It's a full time job !!!
    I'm going to think about what I can do and what I can't. Anyway, thank you very much for thinking of me, with this ;)
    Friendly,

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving this recipe with the creme fraiche. Must give it a try soon. Thanks for stopping by my blog and the comment. I look forward to following along with you in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your words, Lea Ann and welcome to my blog too !
      I'll stop on your blog as often as I can. I hope to see you again here ;)
      See you soon !

      Delete