Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Our brownie !

We're often speaking about the internet's danger.
And I'm the very first one to be careful with my children, for example. The only computer with internet is in our bedroom and it is close to the dining room.
They don't have facebook (me neither ;)), twitter, or MSN messenger ...

You have maybe noticed that there's no "human pictures" on my blog. And I'm pretty sure, if you go on francophone's blogs or french-speaking's blogs,  living in Anglo-Saxon's countries, you won't find family pictures, children pictures ...etc ...
I know it's different in other countries. I was very surprised, when I began to read american blogs, for example and discovered free pictures of people.
That's exactly how we can see our differences. In france, we rarely put a family picture on the net. Even less pictures of children's faces.
For foreign people, we can maybe be seen as paranoid persons. That's our culture. I couldn't say exactly why, but that's the way we are.

But, on the contrary of all that, little by little, years after years, comments after comments, I began to to get on well with some bloggers. American or not.

And I discovered that the internet blog can be very nice, very kind . The world seems smaller and we almost regret that it couldn't be "more smaller", to meet in "the true life" some people.

Today, with my daughter and my niece, we decided to bake a BROWNIE.
And we made this choice for an "internet friend", can I say that ?
On her blog, she wrote that she never had great success with brownies. However she tries, she's not really satisfied about her cake.
And as she helped me some times ago, I want to thank her today, baking this brownie.
If we were living closer, I could have invite her to eat a piece with us.

So today, I dare to publish a NON FRENCH recipe ! Please, be indulgent.
We made it for her ;)

So, Dr, you'll need ;) :

  • 200 grammes of dark chocolate
  • 130 grammes of white sugar (in mine, you can see some black points. This is not cockroach, don't worry ! Just my vanilla's pod that I have blended.
  • 150 grammes of unsalted butter
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla liquid
  • 50 grammes of regular flour
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/4 teaspoon of salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
  • And for those who want (but my children don't love, so I do without), 50 grammes of nuts. 
Your oven must be preheated at 180°C (350°F / Th 6).



Step 1 : 
Melt chocolate and butter into microwave. Don't forget : to not make your chocolate burn, let it cook 30 seconds, stir it, and 30 seconds again. 
Do this way until it's totally melted. 


This step is always the most difficult for me ... Will I resist to slurp it ?...


Step 2 : 
Break the eggs and add sugar. 



Step 3 : 
Here, it's important : decide if you do it with your food processor or with your muscles ! 
The time it will cook, will depend on which kind of "whisk" you use : manual or electrical. 

Whisk together sugar and eggs. 
If you use electric power, whip until your eggs/sugar become very clear and frothy.

... I'm sure you already understood how much sportive I am ...



If you use manuel power ... just whip all that until combined.

Step 4 : 
Pour the spoon of vanilla.


Step 5 : 
Mix flour, salt and baking soda, and pour all that in the beaten eggs.





Step 6 :
Add the melted chocolate and mix again....like we did last summer ... OK, I already did it, I know. 
But each time, I say "mix again", this song comes in my mind and I keep it for the entire evening ! Terrible !



If you want to add almonds or nuts or whatever you like, you can do it at the end of this step and stir gently. 

Step 7 : 
Take a pan ... A brownie pan.. A square pan. Butter and flour it. 

Before ...

During ... Yes, I'm lazy sometimes and I use the butter paper. 


After !
Step 8 : 
Pour the mixture.



SO ... here we are, with my way of baking ... I did it myyyyyyyyyy waaaaayyyyyyy ... OK, I stop.

If you used food processor, like me : let it cook for 20 minutes at 180°C (350°F) and after those 20 minutes, let it cook for 10 minutes more, LOWING THE FIRE AT 150°C (300°F / Th 5).

If you used your terrific muscles, without making the eggs become clear, let it cook only for 15 minutes at180°C (350°F) and after, let it cook for 10 minutes more , LOWING THE FIRE AT 150°C (300°F / Th 5).





For my anglo saxons readers, I hope this brownie will be equal to your brownies ;)
For my Dr ... I hope you'll like it ;)

Friendly to all my readers.




5 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwww, thank you soooooo much :) I will definitely try this recipe this weekend, it looks fabulous!!!!!!! And I didn't know about the cooking time differences if you used the mixer or not, that's really cool, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now, I feel the pressure : I hope you'll like it and you'll make it !!
      The difference is just because, if you use food processor, you add more air in your beaten eggs. So it takes more time to cook. If you do it with your hands, you won't add as much air as with a robot.
      Please, tell me the result ;)

      Delete
    2. I will :) I am just curious about one thing: when you say that you use the "butter paper" do you mean the paper that wraps the butter? Or is it something special that I absolutely need to discover because it sounds so useful?

      Delete
    3. No, no, this is just the paper that wraps the butter, yes ! Usely, I take a little piece of melted butter, and I use a brush to butter the pan, because I don't like to do it with my fingers.
      But when I'm lazy, I use the paper. ;)
      Now that I've seen the brownie on your blog, I think you might be deluded by mine. Yours seems SOOOOO good ;))

      Delete
  2. Haha, I am worse than you! I cut a piece of butter and then I spread it with a piece of paper towel (sopalin) so I don't have butter all over my fingers ;)

    I am always looking for new recipes and I'm sure yours will be delicious, no worry, I am looking forward to making them Saturday morning!

    ReplyDelete