Sunday, September 30, 2012

Zucchini purée (purée de courgettes)

Today is stormy here.


And when it happens, it means "iron day", for me.

Yippee...

Can your hear the excitement in my voice ?...

Well, you could reply that, living in a place where it doesn't rain too much, it's not a big deal to iron time to time.
You should be right.

I made a mistake 20 years ago. I told to my husband (who was not at this time) that it didn't bore me to iron.
At this time, it was true.
We were young, crazy and just had 3 tee shirts and 4 jeans to iron.  Easy !
But now, I still have a husband plus two children, among which a girl...

I'm lucky, my children don't care about fashion or expensive clothes. We're not like that, so we didn't edecuate them this way.
But my sweet little daughter likes to be well dressed and she changes clothes everyday... Every single day.

But magical clothes which go alone to the washing machine don't exist. And most strangely, they don't get ironed by themselves...

Two years ago, while I was taking my children to school, I looked at their clothes at the end of the day.
They were so creased that, the evening, in front of a clothes's mountain to iron, I took the biggest and the greatest decision of my life !

I'LL BE FREE ! 
I will iron just what I will OBLIGATED to !
But I mean, REALLY obligated !
Which means some shirts. 

AND BASTA !

The principal is to spread out correctly. And when I take off my linen, I fold it up immediately. 
This decision saved my life !
My best friend (a man) is divorced and he's alone with 3 girls !! He was becoming mad ! I gave him my solution. 
Now, more than being his best friend, I'm his hero ... ! After IronMAn, I am IronWoman.

Well, all this story, just to say this, with rain and storm, we want to eat hot and sweet. 
It's time for another purée ...

Yes, I know, I cook purée often. But it's such an easy way to eat vegetables. 

So, here's you'll need for this zucchini purée.
  • 5 or 6 zucchini
  • 2 HUGE potatoes (or 4 little) 
  • 2 beautiful leeks white. I'm so happy leek season is coming. 
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • And the ingredient who will change everything : 100 grammes of cream cheese and 30 grammes of Tartare
For cream cheese, you can use Philadelphia. You'll need 100 grammes of it.
In France, we find easily Tartare cheese, I don't know if we can find it easily in other countries. If you don't, no problem, just add one more clove of garlic, 30 grammes of cream cheese and some fines herbs.


On my balcony, I have some persley, thyme and basil. 


Usually, it's for our rabbit ... Yes, she's too spoiled. My husband uses to make horrible humor, saying that she will taste good when we will eat her.
... 
I won't iron his shirts anymore ! 


Step 1 : 
Peel potatoes and cut them in pieces. Pour them in a steamer. 



Step 2 : 
Cut up leeks, garlic and zucchini. As they will all cook together, better cutting little pieces of potatoes and big pieces of zucchini.




Let cook all that for 30 minutes. It must be very chewy.



Step 3 : 
In an adapted dish, add cream cheese, Tartare, the parsley you have saved from your rabbit and salt, pepper.






Step 4 :
Heeelllloooo Blender ? How are you, today ?... 


Step 5 :
... No, sorry, there's no step 5 ! It's ready, good appetite ! 


We needed some sun. My husband cooked us merguez sausages.
... MAYBE I will keep on ironing his shirts.




Récapitulative : 
  • 5 or 6 zucchini
  • 2 HUGE potatoes (or 4 little) 
  • 2 beautiful leeks white. I'm so happy leek season is coming. 
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • And the ingredient who will change everything : 100 grammes of cream cheese and 30 grammes of Tartare

For cream cheese, you can use Philadelphia. You'll need 100 grammes of it.
If you don'tTartare, just add one more clove of garlic, 30 grammes of cream cheese and some fines herbs

Peel potatoes and cut them in pieces. Pour them in a steamer. 

Cut up leeks, garlic and zucchini. As they will all cook together, better cutting little pieces of potatoes and big pieces of zucchini.
Let cook all that for 30 minutes. It must be very chewy.

In an adapted dish, add cream cheese, Tartare, the parsley and salt, pepper.

Blend until it becomes a purée.

6 comments:

  1. Haha, I feel for you! I just started ironing my shirts a few weeks ago, for work, but I hate it! I am sooooo happy I don't have to do it for other people :)

    I didn't know you had a rabbit, what a cutie :D I just posted a picture of the rabbits we have here, who change colors in the winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I began ironing for my father when I was 15. And it's true, it wasn't too hard for me. So, when I began to say to Vincent that I was fed up with, he told me :"I don't understand ... You LOVE ironing !" ....!!!
      Yes, we took a rabbit, the only pet with fur with who my husband is not allergic !!
      I go on your blog immediately ;)

      Delete
  2. I couldn't find my iron if I tried! I don't iron anything!

    Is that wrong?

    Hah,

    RMW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A while back, I threw away my iron! Which means I will probably need it soon to iron a shirt!
      Lovely soup. I bet it's so warm and tangy and delicious. That rabbit is adorable!

      Delete
    2. Sweet : that's so right too : when we throw away something, we need it some days after ! I won't throw away my iron, he's got the right to take a long and beautiful retirement ! ;)

      Delete