Friday, September 21, 2012

Grilled vegetables

Here an easy recipe, but when I say easy ... I'm almost ashamed ...
We still have got a lot of "summer" vegetables, here. Thanks to my little farmer.
We know that we have to eat vegetables, so I'm always trying to find recipes with them.

Yesterday, I went back from work EXHAUSTED ! I just wanted pizza, sofa, a glass of white wine and basta !
But my vegetables have decided a different evening, for me.
When I opened my fridge, they told me :
"Look at us ... We were young, fresh and gorgeous. And after one week, you don't even look at us no more ! You come closer and you ignore us. What do you expect ?"...

I said OK...
So here's the easiest recipe and the easiest post of an exhausted cook !

You'll need :

  • All the vegetables you've got in your fridge that need to be eaten ! For me, it was potatoes, zucchini, carrots, red peppers, and one eggplant.
  • Olive oil
  • Garlic (as much as you like)
  • Onions (as much as you like)
  • Herbs of Provence.
Your oven must be preheated at 210°C (th 7 / 410°F)



Step 1 : 
Peel and cut all your vegetables. Pour them in a dish : 

Potatoes

Carrots

Eggplant

Zucchini

Red peppers

Onions

Garlic

Step 2 : Pour 5-6 tablespoons of olive oil.



Step 3 : Add the herbs of provence, and salt and pepper.


Step 4 : Oh yes, I forgot something. But it's not obligatory. I added a tablespoon of sugar.


Step 5 : And I gave to those vegetables the massage I dreamed to have at the moment ! 




THAT'S ALL ! In the oven for 1 hour and 30 minutes ! 


All the vegetables are caramelized and almost sweet. I hope you'll like them.



7 comments:

  1. Hah! I have a refrigerator full of vegetables and I'm already exhausted and haven't gotten home yet, but these are going to be in the oven a half hour after I get home!

    Thanks for the idea...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not even obligated to peel potatoes and carrots ! Just wash them !! ;)
      Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful Idea I will try it i'm sure my vegetables will love me!
    I just discovered your blog and I love your writing style, it is warm, friendly, funny, and so French!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely plate of vegetables! Love it! Simple and full of flavour!
    Thank you for stopping by! I am glad to follow you right back, you have a great space here! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello kitchen flavours and welcome in my blog. Thank you for being a follower and for your words !
      I hope to see you soon ;)

      Delete
  4. I LOVE to cook my vegetables like this. Sometimes I make my ratatouille in the oven, like this, and then I eat it with pasta and parmesan cheese, yummy :) One of my favorite summer dish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaaaah, la ratatouille ... I make one very easy and simple. But my mother in law makes the real one ! ... So so good !
      I never tried in the oven. But if it's faster than usual, I'll try ! ;)

      Delete