Thursday, August 23, 2012

Tomatoes salad with her best friends : mozzarella, basil and olive oil.

Because it's still so hot here, it's time for salad ...Any kind of salad.

Today, we ate ham (for me) and meat for the rest of the family with a tomatoes salad.

Simple and fresh.

You'll need :

Tomatoes (as much as you want, of course) :


Basil (the much there is the better is) :


Mozzarella (as much as you want. I used 2 balls of mozzarella).
This one is from buffala (cow buffalo ?). It's the real mozzarella, but you can buy the cow's one, too. It's good and less expensive for a daily cook.


And one white and sweet onion.



Step 1 :
Cut the tomatoes, the onions and the mozzarella.

My girl's fingers ... I make her work !

 My fingers... Yes ... the one of my girls are more cute.




Step 2 :
Add as much basil as you like to 150ml / 200 ml of olive oil.




And mix it together with some salt and pepper.



Step 3 : ... so many step today !
Combine all together.



Et voilà.









14 comments:

  1. I eat this salad almost every day in the summer, I LOVE it :) But I never mixed the oil with the basil like you do, it's a good idea, I'll try this tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dr Caso, I'm so happy to see you in this blog !
      I hope you'll like it.
      ;)

      Delete
  2. Mmmmm, one of my favorite dishes... with a twist. Will try your version. Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must tell my children about this blog! They both spent three months in France on exchanges and raved about the cooking!

    Lorie from Ontario

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I use it for a lot of things : in winter, I use to make purée, for example.

      Delete
  5. I love Buffala mozarella. It costs a bit more but is worth it. The weather is a little cooler here in Zurich today. But still very humid. We have been eating BIG salads for dinner all week. I think this will have to be on the menu for tomorrow; I haven't made one for awhile. Thank you for the idea to blend the basil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still very hot here. It's difficult to get out the afternoon.
      Salads are eaten almost each day !

      Delete
  6. i think i need a hand mixer. this is one of my favorite things to eat, i love that you blended the basil with the oil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not a real "pesto, but it perfumes the oil very nicely ;)
      If you like it, add a clove of garlic.

      Delete
  7. Ca ùme donne des idée! je vais sûrement revenir par ici ;-)
    plein de bonnes recettes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merci, Mahie. Ca me fait plaisir que tu me dises ça ;)

    ReplyDelete