Since some years, they've got tortoises.
In France, where I live, we've got the chance to have free Hermann's Tortoises.
It happens you find them in your garden and it's always a big joy for us. They are very protected, of course and some strict rules legislate their conservation.
Two tortoises live in my parent's garden. So my parents feed them and take care of them.
One year ago, they found a small baby just as big as a 2 euro coin !
They decided it would be a female ! ... Such is life.
My parents built her a little house, to protect her from predators, as seagulls. It was in a large box but a little bit sad.
The past week, my youngest sister who is a kind of artist, even if she doesn't work in this field, decided to put some colors in our baby tortoise's life !
We took my second old rabbit's cage (just because this rabbit doesn't need cage anymore, she runs everywhere in our apartment !), cleaned it and arranged it for Biscotte ... In English : Crisp bread. Yeah, I know ...
My sister created safe decoration for her.
Here's the cage BEFORE. Sorry for the rabbit's pooh ... :)
Hello baby Biscotte ! Do you like your trendy home ?
Looking at her face, there are several answer, choose the one you prefer :
- "Too much white in the house, if you really want to know ... But I suppose that's ok !"
- "Strange ... I was sure there were a door right here... How did I come in ??!"
- "What the F... am I doing here ??"
- "Am I dreaming or there is a cobweb here ?! WHO CLEANED THE HOUSE ?"
- "Who's talking to me ?... "
- "I saw a light, in a tunnel and ..."
Here to show you her size, now. Of course, she grew up a little bit since the past year.
Game : Find the tortoise !