Friday, May 24, 2013

Run, chicken, run ... Fast Chicken with frozen ingredients !

Okay... Now, you know me : I'm not a Queen for titles ! This one made me smile.

Yesterday, I was alone with my daughter.
We didn't have too much time to eat so I had to cook something FAST and EASY. As always, you could reply to me, and I would reply to you ... :
YES, YOU'RE RIGHT, my friends !

So, I thought about chicken, a fast chicken. And I thought about "Run, chicken, run ...".

Ok, I'm getting out ... =>...

Here what you'll need for 2 persons who don't eat a lot :

  • 4 chicken legs 
  • The equivalent of 1/2 frozen onion
  • The equivalent of 1 frozen garlic 
  • The equivalent of 1 frozen shallot
  • Fresh rosemary
  • 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
  • Olive oil.


Step 1 : 
In olive oil, on a medium fire, pour frozen onion, garlic and shallot. 


Step 2 : 
Stir a little bit and don't wait them to get brown. We'll need their water. Add immediately the chicken. 


And the rosemary. 


Step 3 : 
Mix everything and close with a lid. Let cook for 5 minutes and when it begins to brown, pour the chicken stock.


Close with the lid and let cook on a low fire for 20-25 minutes.
Bon appétit.


Recapitulative for 2 persons who don't eat a lot : 
  • 4 chicken legs 
  • The equivalent of 1/2 frozen onion
  • The equivalent of 1 frozen garlic 
  • The equivalent of 1 frozen shallot
  • Fresh rosemary
  • 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
  • Olive oil.
In olive oil, on a medium fire, pour frozen onion, garlic and shallot. 

Stir a little bit and don't wait them to get brown. We'll need their water. Add immediately the chicken. And the rosemary. 

Mix everything and close with a lid. Let cook for 5 minutes and when it begins to brown, pour the chicken stock.

Close with the lid and let cook on a low fire for 20-25 minutes.


8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, T.W., not a very sophisticated dish for sure, but very tasty :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, what a lovely meal, quick and looks delicious too! You know I have never seen frozen onions over here before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really ? I thought frozen onions could be find everywhere. Of course, you can use fresh onion too :)
      Thank you for your comment, Joyce !

      Delete
  3. What a clever and yummy looking meal. Are those potatoes on the plate? Pretty whatever they are. ;-)
    love and prayers, jep

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Jep, those are potatoes made with purée. My children like them and it changes a little bit from french fries.
      Thank you for commenting, dear Jep ! :)

      Delete
  4. Dear Axelle-This is not as fast as cold cereal, but a lot tastier and well worth the short time it takes to prepare. Probably just as fast as preparing ramen and still it is tastier and more nutritious. : ) Regards-Jamie. p.s. How do you make those lovely potatoes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Jamie, I make them very easily ... I go in a frozen food shop and I buy them !! :D
      I think it mustn't too difficult to make, because it's purée. You would need only the right pipe, I think. But it's much more easier to buy them !! :D
      Friendly, dear Jamie.

      Delete