Thursday, May 9, 2013

Almonds cookies (gateaux aux amandes)

Today, I'm going to share with you another SIMPLE and EASY recipe.
Yeaaaaah, Jamie :)

I baked those cookies for my son. Because he loves gazelle's horn.
But, gazelle's horns take so much time to do that, even if I love my children, I won't bake them often !
As we say in french : dans tes rêves ! In your dreams !

So I was looking for a solution, to mix together principal horns ingredients. Almond powder and orange blossoms extract.
I was close to desesperance ... yes, I love giants emotions !

Then, one day, I watched a Nigella's show (Aaaah, Nigella !) and she was presenting this recipe. Except she was using Rose blossoms extract. 

So, yesterday, I baked them ! ... And my son didn't like them ! He told me : "Mum, they are good....But I don't like them."

So believe me : fortunately, it doesn't take too much time to bake ! 

My husband and my daughter, on the contrary, can't stop eating them. Thanks to them !

Those cookies are perfect for gluten free and without any fat content !
WHAT ELSE, GEORGE ??!

Here what you'll need : 

  • 200 grammes of almonds powder
  • 200 grammes of icing sugar
  • 2 eggs white (not yolks)
  • 2 tablespoon of orange blossoms extract.
Your oven must be preheated at 180°C (350°F / th 6)


Step 1 : 
Mix all the ingredients together and whisk them.




Step 2 : 
Then, on a cooking paper, with 2 tablespoon, make small balls. As traditional cookies, they will become larger cooking. So you need to space them. 


Step 3 :
In the oven for 10-13 minutes. It depends on your oven. Be careful, because my second dish went burned. It's going very fast.


 As for cookies, they are tender in their center.


Bon appétit ! 


Recapitulative : 
  • 200 grammes of almonds powder
  • 200 grammes of icing sugar
  • 2 eggs white (not yolks)
  • 2 tablespoon of orange blossoms extract.
Your oven must be preheated at 180°C (350°F / th 6)

Mix all the ingredients together and whisk them.

Then, on a cooking paper, with 2 tablespoon, make small balls. 

In the oven for 10-13 minutes. It depends on your oven.

14 comments:

  1. Miam, la dernière photo me donne très envie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Axelle-These look delicious! I am definately going to make them this weekend. I need to purchase the almond flour. It's interesting that your son says they are good but he doesn't like them. You have taught him well. Even if someone, for instance, doesn't like coffee, they should still know how to prepare an excellent cup of coffee and know what an excellent cup of coffee tastes like. Versus a terrible cup of coffee.
    By the way, women who like "giant emotions" are called "Drama Queens" here in the United States of America.
    Regards-Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way, thank you for the recipe challenge, Axell. This one will require me to do some driving (to the store to get almond flour or, in lieu of that, to grind some almonds to powder). 8>]

      Delete
    2. excusez-moi. "Axelle".

      Delete
    3. Yes, Jamie, we teach them to not say "that's not good". You can like or not but nothing is "not good".
      Signed : Drama Quuen ! I like this expression :D
      As-tu acheté la poudre d'amande ou as-tu été obligée de les moudre ?

      Delete
    4. I have been to two stores and seen one bulk variety of almond powder. It was ground with the skin attached and therefore looked more "rough" than I would wish. It was still expensive. So, if I will invest in almond powder, I want a good product. My research continues and I will let you know the conclusion of this matter. Do you know ONE pod of vanilla bean in my area will cost me $6.00? And gruyere cheese for 4oz is $15.00!? Now you know the price of gold and diamonds here. Maybe almond powder is platinum! I wonder which product from U.S.A. is expensive in your city. MnMs? Oreos? Dorritos? Do you even know these products? I'll be in touch...Regards-Jamie p.s. currently, $1.00=0.77eur (I think.) This is not a complaint, I just thought it was something you would enjoy knowing.

      Delete
    5. 6 dollar for vanilla bean ?... OK, I understand better ... I bought 2 vanilla pods (from Madagascar) for 1,80 euros.
      For cheese, I imagined it was expensive, but not that much ! For almond powder, I buy 125 grammes for 2 euros.
      Yes, we know MnMs, Oreos and Dorritos. I send you a french supermarket's link, if you want to see our prices : http://courses.carrefour.fr/drive/recherche/oreo/true
      MnmS is 3,50 for 500 grammes. I don't know how it costs in USA. In France, i's a little bit expensive for the product. I mean, it's not priority.
      But we like it A LOOOOOOT !! :D
      I don't take it for a complaint, don't worry and you're totally right, I like to learn about your country and your way of living. Never hesitate to give me those kind of example.
      Very friendly.

      Delete
    6. Désolé, vous utilisez
      une version trop ancienne de votre navigateur

      Pour profiter pleinement de toutes les fonctionnalités de notre site
      nous vous invitons à mettre à jour votre navigateur pour continuer à bénéficier d'une navigation optimale pour faire vos courses en ligne avec Carrefour.

      Chrome:

      Télécharger
      Internet Explorer:

      Télécharger
      Firefox:

      Télécharger
      Safari:

      Télécharger
      Opera:

      Télécharger
      Ce téléchargement est bien sûr gratuit, sans engagement et entièrement légal.

      Bonnes courses avec Carrefour

      Dear Axelle-that was the message at the website. I thought computers and the internet allowed us to go anywhere we wanted! oh well. I shall do some checking around another way! Funny! : ) Regards-Jamie

      Delete
    7. :D
      I'm so sorry, Jamie !! :D
      So, let us be just human : the oreo's price is 176 grammes, 2,08 euros = one packet with 16 biscuits. And in USA ?

      Delete
  3. Hi Axelle,
    Crunch, crunch, yum, yum! Got anymore? I'm coming over!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Axelle, these look delicious and fairly easy to make which is what I need. I can't have gluten, so that is a plus, too. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe. love and prayers, jep

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Jep, if you make them, please let me know if you liked it ;)

      Delete