Saturday, October 12, 2013

Zucchini and rice gratin, with some language lessons !

When you're studying languages, as I did, and when you're a teenager, as I was, the first things you learn about those new languages are rude words.

And how to say "I love you," ok.
It can help.

But learning bad words is so fun ! And most of all, a swearword seems much more light in another language than in our. As if it had less impact.

And as I was a very fun teenager, my first goal beginning a new language, was to learn a maximum of rude words !
I'm pretty good in arabian, thanks to my mother and my uncles.
I'm good enough in spanish, thanks to a trip in Spain, years ago.
I'm a huge professional in Italian, of course ... thanks to my life over there and thanks to a teacher that we loved a lot and used to teach us those kind of words.
She used to say we had to know the real language and not the one of books.
"Oh, please, students ! Don't forget that "puttana" (bitch) is a real insult ! Never use it ! Most of all against a woman, of course ! Did you hear me ? Right ? ... But don't forget : "Puttana" takes 2 T ...".
She was a great teacher !

Strangely, one language resisted me ... Russian. I've learned how to say I love you, of course (pronounced "ia tiebia liubliu"), but I never knew a bad word ...
Now I realized it, I'm calling for help :
If one of you knows a bad word or two (or more) in Russian, PLEASE, tell it in comments !!! I would be glad to learn it !
Because I'm a fun adult ............. !

So, you can now guess that I know of lot of rude words too in english ... :).
If you want me to teach you some french bad words, you can ask too in comments section ! I'll be glad to increase your vocabulary :D

And today, I just want to show you how to cook those fucking zucchini once again !

I'm just so fed up with zucchini ! Being creative with zucchini is, for sure, easy. But, in gratin, with cream, curry, onion, grilled ...etc, zucchini stay zucchini !
And at the moment, this is the last recipe I'll post with this vegetable because I WON'T EAT IT ANYMORE FOR YEARS !
But at the moment, here's a good and fast recipe with zucchini again ! :)

You'll need :

  • 4 fucking zucchini, so ...
  • 1 white leek
  • 1 egg
  • 1 onion
  • 3 cloves of garlic
  • 20 centiliters of milk
  • 100 grams of rice
  • Olive oil and herbs of provence
  • Grated cheese.
Your oven must be preheated at 180°C (350°F / Th 6)


Step 1 : 
Make brown onion and garlic on a low fire, with a pinch of salt. 

Step 2 : 
Meanwhile, cook your rice.


Step 3 : 
When your onions are a little bit golden, add leek and let it cook until it comes fluid.


Step 4 : 
Then those famous zucchini ! High the fire and let it brown for 10 minutes or so. Add one tablespoon of dry herbs.



Step 5 : 
Whisk egg, milk and a little bit of nutmeg, if you have. 



Step 6 :
Arrange zucchini in a oven pan, add cooked rice, stir all this.


Step 7 :
Finally, pour your egg mixture and sprinkle with grated cheese.



Step 8 :
In the oven for 20 minutes.


That's it ! It doesn't look very tasty, but it is. Maybe it would be better with béchamel, if you want to try it !


Recapitulative :
  • 4 fucking zucchini, so ...
  • 1 white leek
  • 1 egg
  • 1 onion
  • 3 cloves of garlic
  • 20 centiliters of milk
  • 100 grams of rice
  • Olive oil and herbs of provence
  • Grated cheese.


Your oven must be preheated at 180°C (350°F / Th 6)

Make brown onion and garlic on a low fire, with a pinch of salt.

Meanwhile, cook your rice.

When your onions are a little bit golden, add leek and let it cook until it comes fluid.

Then those famous zucchini ! High the fire and let it brown for 10 minutes or so. Add one tablespoon of dry herbs.

Whisk egg, milk and a little bit of nutmeg, if you have.

Arrange zucchini in a oven pan, add cooked rice, stir all this.

Finally, pour your egg mixture and sprinkle with grated cheese.

In the oven for 20 minutes.

10 comments:

  1. Dear Axelle-So, just to be clear, you are tired of eating zucchini? Regards-Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Axelle, I do not know any Russian words, but in high school one day when we were being silly a couple of friends and I made up a poem about the Russian actor Yul Brynner....we thought he was cool. The poem goes, "Shiny sequin in the sky, It looks like a greasy pig's eye. I'm no sinner, it's Yul Brynner! Yay Yulie Baby!!" Remember he was bald. It helps to know that when you read the poem.
    ;-) love and prayers, jep

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear jep-We just saw "Morituri" with Messieurs Brynner and Brando. Netflix, Instant Watch. Not a bad movie and the best Brando movie as far as I'm concerned. Regards-Jamie p.s. I always liked watching Yul Brynner. "Magnificent Seven"!

      Delete
    2. Dear Jamie, We were teenage girls in love with the King from The King and I movie he starred in I think. My husband and I have seen other films such as "The Ten Commandments" and "Solomon" with YB, but have not seen "Morituri." Thanks for the recommendation, jep PS Dear Axelle, Like Dr. CaSo we enjoy zucchinis, but did not have a garden this year, so no surplus. :( Thanks for the recipe for next year!

      Delete
    3. Dear Jep, thank you for sharing this poem ! I loved it :D. ANd I just loooooved YB, when I was young. He was looking so enigmatic, we can say that ? ANd YB with hairs, I can't even imagine it ! For me, he is and will stay for ever bald ! :D
      Very friendly.

      Delete
    4. Dear Jamie, here we can have zucchini almost during all the year. That's maybe the reason why I'm fed up with them, for now. It's true, they taste better in summer. But even in winter, we can have small ones. AND I'LL KEEP THEM FOR YOU, FRIEND ! :D

      Delete
  3. I know a lot of bad words in Spanish and German ;) But I need to tell you one thing: I LOVE zucchinis and I could eat them every day for the rest of my life!!! :) Your recipe looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh please, please, please, tell me in german, I never studied this language and I never met any germans to teach me bad words :D !
      I like zucchini too ... But not every day, oh non, pitié !!! :D ... I could eat pasta everyday. But not zucchini ... But I'm happy if you like this recipe :)

      Delete
  4. We tried this and it was AMAZING! Thank you!
    My Yul Brenner story: my mom took me to see the king and I on broadway when I was 2.
    The lights came up, Yul Brenner appeared...and I screamed bloody hell and my mom and dad had to leave the theatre 5 minutes after the show started. The end :)

    ReplyDelete